Gaya College, Gaya had a modest start in 1944 on the eastern side of the legendary Phalgu River. Immediately after Independence, the College was shifted to the present campus in 1948. The chief intent of the mission was to impart quality teaching in various disciplines of higher education. It is blessed with a 57 acre sprawling campus. The college had affiliations with different Universities of the State University, Patna and Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and is proud of being the first constituent unit of Magadh University, BodhGaya, established in 1962.The College offers fifty (50) UG & PG programmes in the faculties of humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Commerce including Vocational and Professional courses of Management, Computer Application, Information Technology and other inter-disciplinary courses. These courses are offered with subsidized fee structure to serve low income students coming from backward rural and urban background.The college is spread over an area of 57 acres with 21 blocks comprising a total covered area of approx. 30,000 sq.m. The College has sufficient number of class rooms, lecture theatres, laboratory halls, reading rooms, conference halls.The College was re-accredited in 2014 with NAAC Grade- A(CGPA: 3.23). The UGC has also granted CPE Status to the College in 2010 and renewed CPE Status for 12th Plan period. The state Govt. of Bihar also selected this College as one of the potentially excellent college of Bihar.